I Have Learned So Much
I
Have
Learned
So much from God
That I can no longer
Call
Myself


A Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim,
a Buddhist, a Jew.
The Truth has shared so much of Itself
With me


That I can no longer call myself
A man, a woman, an angel,
Or even a pure
Soul.
Love has
Befriended Hafiz so completely
It has turned to ash
And freed Me


Of every concept and image
my mind has ever known.


From: 'The Gift'
Translated by Daniel Ladinsky

On the Death of His Little Son


Little sleeper, the spring is here;
Tulip and rose are come again,
Only you in the earth remain,
Sleeping, dear.

Little sleeper, the spring is here;
I, like a cloud of April rain,
Am bending over your grave in vain,
Weeping, dear.

Little flower, the spring is here;
What if my tears were not in vain!
What if they drew you up again,
Little flower!

Category: | 0 Comments

0 comments to “Hafiz-Poem”